Sunday, May 6, 2012

Holiday Diary, Part 1: Arrival

Sunday, April 29
Dear Holiday Diary,
We started the day at 3.30 A.M. Because we were flying out of Europe, we had to be three hours on the airport before departure. We were going to fly at 7 A.M. so we thought we would be early enough. It wasn't actually that hard to wake up in the middle of the night. I was so excited to go to New York and it was also the first time I was going out of Europe. Each of us had one case and one piece of carry-on baggage. From Amsterdam Schiphol we flew to London-Heathrow. We had to wait three hours at the airport in London for our next flight to JFK New York.

Our flight was pleasant. We got meals on the plain and they tasted quite good actually. I slept for a few hours and there was a little tv-screen in the chair in front of you on the flight from London to New York. You could watch a movie or listen to music so I didn't get bored.

When we got to New York we had to go through security. They took fingerprints and even an eye scan. At that moment I felt like a criminal. It was very different than in Europe. The security took like one and a half our. After that we took our baggage and went in a yellow cab to the city. I think the ride from the airport to our hotel took about 20-30 minutes. We were very tired. We arrived at 4 P.M at the hotel, but there's also a time difference of six hours, so it felt like 10 P.M. In our hotel we changed clothes and my mother and I got to Times Square. My sister was a little bit ill so she stayed in our hotelroom while we got some food.
That's me on Times Square with my epic sunglasses (:
The weather was really nice. Blue sky, no clouds and a bright sun. Just perfect! My mother and I went to the M&M store and to me it was like heaven. If  there is a heaven, it must be that place. Chocolate everywhere! There were big pipes filled with M&Ms and you could fill a bag with the colours you like. 
We didn't do that because it was just too expensive: $12.95 for 0.45 grams. In my opinion, that's a little bit over the top.
We found a really nice salad bar were we bought our food. We had plans to go to the Empire State Building that evening, but we were too tired. That evening we went to Times Square again, this time with my sister.
When we got back to the hotel we were exhausted. I was already sleeping at 9 P.M.
So this is the beginning of my Amazing Journey to NYC. Hope you like it!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

**Thank you for leaving a comment! They are always highly appreciated. Leave a link to your own blog, if you have one, and I will definitely check it out!